Good Afternoon Wilson Wildcats!
What an incredible first week! Our Wildcat community has donated $3,120 AND we have collected 124 envelopes!!! Way to go!! We still have five more school days to return the Fun Run envelopes—March 12, 13, 19, 20, and 21! Remember all you need to do is drop off the Fun Run envelope with the PTA volunteers in the morning on the way to class. When a student turns in the envelope they will be given a snack bag which can be saved for recess.
Students will also be entered into the prize raffle! Every $10 donated is an additional entry! We have prizes (see attached picture) from OSU, Bi-Mart, Winco, Highland Bowl, Corvallis Knights, Timberhill Athletic Club, Osborn Aquatic Center, Wacky Bounce, Big 5, and Principal for the Day! In addition, each child will receive a certificate for a mini pizza at Papa’s Pizza!! Our Corvallis community is AMAZING!!!! Thank you!!
Wilson PTA Fun Run Coordinator
Wilson Wildcat Fun Run 2018
Dust off your tennis shoes for the annual Wildcat Fun Run on February 26th and 27th!
:: The Details ::
The Wilson Fun Run is our biggest fundraiser of the year!
The tax-deductible donations fund all of our Wildcat community events, school assemblies, teacher grants, student scholarships for field trips, and so much more!
Where & When:
Each class will come to the gym during their PE time to participate in the Fun Run on Monday, February 26th or Tuesday, February 27th.
How to Help:
There are THREE ways to support the Wilson Fun Run!
1. Help your child gather pledges by asking family and friends to sponsor them with a per lap goal or a flat rate.
2. Volunteer your time on either day of the Fun Run or on an envelope collection day by signing up at https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/2210522/false#/invitation
Click on the Sign Up volunteer link on the Wilson School website www.wilsonwildcats.net
3. Donate an item or gift certificate from your business or company for the prize raffle. We will be sure to recognize your contribution on our “Thank You” poster!
Let’s Go Wilson Wildcats!!
Corvallis School District student transfers may be requested through our online process March 1 – 31, 2018 for the 2018-19 school year.
- Grades K – 12 in-district and inter-district student transfer requests for enrollment in Corvallis schools will be made through the district’s online transfer application process during the month of March. If the number of students seeking transfers exceeds the number of spaces available, an equitable lottery process will be used and school waiting lists created. Parents will be notified regarding offers of enrollment or placement on established wait lists by the end of April unless an extension is required.
- Kindergartners requesting transfers are required to register at their neighborhood schools by March 31.
Loving Wilson Direct Donation Drive
The Wilson PTA is pleased to announce that we have received a large donation and several smaller donations totaling $3,210 (over half the amount) toward our goal of $5,000 for our Loving Wilson Direct Donation Drive. Please consider giving a gift and help support our awesome kids and our Wellness programs at Wilson. The “Direct Donation Drive” allows parents and community members to give tax-deductible donations, which directly supports Wilson Elementary! Our website now includes a thermometer to update our progress. Check it out at www.wilsonwildcats.net (on the right sidebar).
Your support will be focused on Wellness this year! With your donations we hope to be able to:
- Increase our nutrition education by expanding Classroom Food Adventures to additional classrooms!
- Add more activities to the community Wellness Fair in the spring!
- Expand the opportunities for outside play by buying new equipment and possibly a climbing wall!
There are several ways to give to the “Love Wilson” campaign:
- Write a check (made out to Wilson PTA with Loving Wilson on the memo line) or bring cash in an envelope and place it in the designated box in the office.
- Mail a check to Wilson Elementary School at 2701 NW Satinwood Street, Corvallis, Oregon 97330.
- Donate online through the Corvallis Schools Foundation website https://cpsfoundation.org/at and specify Wilson Elementary School/Loving Corvallis in the dropdown box.
Check out and pass along our Loving Wilson video! https://vimeo.com/246046921 We will be highlighting specific funding projects over the course of the year so that you can see how your dollars are impacting our Wildcat community. You can donate online at anytime, at the school during the school day, or at any of the school events. Don’t delay, love on Wilson Kids today!