Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who do I call if my child will be missing school?
Please call the attendance hotline: (541) 757-5988
When your child is absent for either a full or partial day, it is very important to report the absence to the office by 9:15 am the day of the absence. In the interest of student health and safety, the office staff will phone parents or contacts who have not reported to us.
When leaving a voice message, please include 1) your name, 2) student’s name, 3) teacher, and 4) nature of the absence. If you are prearranging an absence for another day, please include the date of the absence. As always, you are welcome to phone Kim Aust or Heather Reich at the main office number (541-757-5987) for assistance.
Where do I get emergency and school closure information?
Please check the Corvallis School District website for emergency information.
What are the Wilson bus routes?
Please click here for the Wilson Bus Schedule
What is the Wilson dress code?
- Children are encouraged to wear Wilson Wildcat shirts as a show of school spirit on Fridays.
- Students may not wear clothes that promote alcohol, drugs, or tobacco or that contains offensive language.
- Hats, hoods or caps may not be worn in the building.
- Shirts and blouses need to cover the torso; the midriff should be fully covered.
- Straps on shirts, blouses, and dresses should be at least 1 1/2″ wide; no spaghetti straps.
- Shorts and skirts should be at least mid-thigh length.
- The waistband of shorts and pants must be worn at the hipbones or higher.
- Boys may wear tank tops, but no scooped armholes.
- Flip-flops and other casual beach-type footwear may not be appropriate for gym class.
How can I be involved at Wilson?
Thanks for asking! There are many ways to volunteer at Wilson — in the classroom, in the Volunteer Center, on field trips, for the lunch-time running program at Wildcat Trail, and at special events (such as the Art and Science Fair, Fun Run, Field Day, Artist in Residence projects, Discovery Nights, and school musicals). There is a good chance that your special skills and interests can be aligned with a volunteer activity!
If your schedule prevents you from volunteering during school hours, the Volunteer Center can pair you with some at home jobs.
To find out how to volunteer at Wilson, please visit the Volunteer page.
Can I get another copy of the Wilson Wildcat?
All Wildcat issues are available on-line on the Wildcat page (the current issue is always available by its publication date, and sometimes even earlier). Paper copies are also available just outside the office.
Can I get a copy of the Wilson handbook?
Yes! The Wilson office has copies available. We have also attached the electronic version here as well, wilson student parent handbook_revised 11-6-17. For the Corvallis School District Handbook, please see the 509J website.