From the National PTA, the Parents’ Guides to Student Success were developed by teachers, parents and education experts in response to the Common Core State Standards that more than 45 states have adopted.
Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
CCSS Information for Parents
For general information regarding the standards, how they were created, and what states are involved visit http://www.corestandards.org/
Oregon Department of Education has considerable resources available for parents, teachers, and students to learn more about the CCSS. The Parent Toolkit includes many informational resources.
- Three Minutes Video Explaining the Common Core State Standards
- Why the Common Core
- What does the Common Core mean for my students?
- What do Parents Need to Know?
- CCSS Parent Guides by Grade
- Frequently Asked Questions about CCSS
- Parent’s Backpack Guide to CCSS (K-5)
- What Parents Can Do to Help their Children Learn
Talented & Gifted – Parent Resources