Our school library is filled with numerous titles for all students to enjoy! Each classroom visits the library once a week for 30 minutes to hear a story and check out books.
Our Library Media Technician, Mrs. Koegler, has created a virtual library for students to explore our library over the summer. Click the button below to start exploring!
Hours & Book Checkouts
All classes visit the library once per week to check out books. The library is open Monday-Friday from 8:45 am – 2:30 pm. The library is open during recess for students to check out books or read. There are also STEAM activities available all days on Wednesdays.
Book checkouts by grade level are listed below. Additional books for research are permitted.
|Grade level||Number of books allowed||Due date|
District resources are available below.
Volunteering in the Library
Volunteers are welcome in the school library! Help is needed with the following tasks:
- Assisting while classes are in the library each week
- checking in/out books
- shelving books
- helping students locate books
- Book repair
- Cleaning and covering
- Creating displays
- Making sure books are in the proper order on shelves
There is always something to do! Training is provided. For more information about volunteering, email Mrs. Koegler at email@example.com
2020-21 Grades 3-5 Oregon Battle of the Books List
- Before They Were Authors by Elizabeth Haidle
- Bob by Wendy Mass & Rebecca Stead
- A Boy Called Bat by Elana K. Arnold
- Changeling by William Ritter
- The Dragonet Prophecy by Tui T. Sutherland
- El Deafo by Cece Bell
- Fatty Legs by Christy Jordan-Fenton & Margaret Pokiak-Fenton
- Front Desk by Kelly Yang
- The Night Fairy by Laura Amy Schlitz
- Nine, Ten: A September 11 Story by Nora Raleigh Baskin
- Power Forward by Hena Khan
- Small Spaces by Katherine Arden
- Space Case by Stuart Gibbs
- Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer by Kelly Jones
- The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street by Karina Yan Glaser
- A Wolf Called Wander by Rosanne Parry