If you have a child who will be 5 years old by September 1, now is the time to register for kindergarten. Come to the school office to get a registration packet and we will help you through the registration process. To register your child for kindergarten, you will need the following information:
- proof of age (birth certificate, hospital certificate, etc.)
- immunization record
- social security number (optional)
- phone number of parents’ employers
- phone number of doctors and dentist
- names and phone numbers of two or three people we can call in an emergency
Wilson Elementary will be open on President’s Day,( Monday, February 15) as a weather make up day for the weather related school closure in January
The Wilson Wildcat
Wilson Office is Open 7:45-3:30 Office Phone: 757-5987 Attendance Line: 757-5988
Wednesday February 3 Walk, Bike to School Day (WB2S)
Thursday February 4 No School, Teacher Grading Day
Friday February 5 No School, Family/Teacher Communication (by teacher apt. only)
Wednesday February 10 Tasting Table – Wheat
Friday February 12 Destination Imagination Family Game Night, Wilson Gym @ 6:30 pm
Monday February 15 Snow Make up Day – School is in Session – Regular Schedule
Wednesday February 17 1st Grade Musical “Friends” @ 6:30 pm
Friday February 26 No School, Teacher Professional Development
Dear Wilson Wildcat Families,
Happy New Year!
I am writing to update you on some changes to the school calendar for February.
- Thursday, February 4th is a scheduled no school day for students. Teachers will be using this day to prepare semester report cards.
- Friday, February 5th will now be designated for teacher communication with families. We opted to utilize this day for our winter parent communication as it made sense to have it closer to the actual grading day. Without enough time to meet with all families, teachers will prioritize the greatest needs. Example reasons for a face to face or phone conference include but are not limited to, new families to Wilson since fall conferences, students that are needing academic or behavior interventions, students with health concerns and etc.
- School WILL be in session on Monday, February 15th as a make-up day from the weather cancellation on January 4th.
- Friday, February 26th is a scheduled no school day for students. This was our original day for winter conferences in the calendar now moved to the 5th. Wilson staff will be utilizing our professional development time to focus on the important academic subject of writing.
A letter from your child’s teacher will mark whether or not a parent meeting is needed in February. These letters will come home next week.
Principal, Wilson Elementary
Dear Wildcat Community!
Our Book Exchange was fantastic yesterday! A big thank you to Wilson teacher Janelle Moss, the Corvallis Public Library, our support staff, and volunteers for leading this wonderful event. Seeing the smiles of our children selecting books was a wonderful way to return from break.
The Corvallis GT came and posted a story with attached pictures (see the link below).
Published on Monday, January 04, 2016
The Corvallis School District, including all schools and the district office, will be closed. Staff will not report to work. All evening activities also are cancelled.
El Distrito Escolar de Corvallis, incluyendo todas las escuelas y la oficina del distrito, estarán cerradas de enero. El personal no se presentará a trabajar. Todas las actividades también serán canceladas.
Dear Wilson Families,
We are now collecting books in anticipation of our annual book exchange! See the link below to the flier! Wilson Book Exchange Flyer
Here’s how the exchange works: students bring1-2 books from home that are in fair to excellent condition that other children would enjoy. On the day of the exchange (Dec. 18th), classes will go to the exchange and “shop” for 2 “new” books to take home! We are so proud of our culture of reading at Wilson and hope you join in the fun with reading at home with new books! The joy of reading is one of the best gifts you can give to your child!
Big thanks to Mrs. Moss and Mrs. Koegler for organizing this event!
The Wilson Wildcat
December 2015 www.wilsonwildcats.net
Wilson Office is Open 7:45-3:30 Office Phone: 757-5987
Attendance Line: 757-5988
Friday December 4 All School Assembly, Jump Rope for Heart @ 8:30 am
Tuesday December 8 All School Assembly, Jabali Afrika @ 8:40 am
Wednesday December 9 Tasting Table, Wilson Lunch Featuring Apples
Friday December 11 2 Hr. EARLY RELEASE @ 12:40
Tuesday December 15 2nd – 5th Grade Field Trip, OSU Women’s Basketball @ 10 am
Friday December 18 All School Assembly, Winter Celebration
December 21, 2015-January 1, 2016 NO SCHOOL, WINTER BREAK
Huge thanks to our PTA volunteers for hosting a wonderful craft night recently. The projects were beautiful and developmentally appropriate for our young wildcats. Kudos all around for the community and culture building efforts at Wilson!